Angela Crawley MP is looking for a full-time caseworker to join her established team in the Lanark & Hamilton East constituency.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and capable individual to support Angela’s work as a Member of Parliament, and to make a difference in the communities she represents.
Location: Initially working remotely, returning to Angela’s constituency office in Hamilton when restrictions allow.
Salary: Within IPSA Pay-scales
Hours: 37.5 (full-time). Occasional evening and weekend working may be required.
• Dealing with constituent enquiries and progressing cases on their behalf, providing effective support and advice throughout
• Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
• Attending surgeries, meetings and other external events alongside, or on behalf of, the MP
• Working with the Office Manager and other colleagues to provide general administrative support and assistance on projects and events
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• The ability to work independently; prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to interpret information to provide effective and clear responses to constituents
• Experience of working with sensitive and confidential information
• Well organised with excellent time management
• Strong IT skills
• An interest in current affairs and good knowledge of local and national politics
• Experience of working in government, the public or third sectors
• Previous experience in a public-facing role
• A working understanding of reserved and devolved policy areas
• Knowledge of the Lanark & Hamilton East constituency
• A full driving licence
Applicants should be aware that travel within the constituency, and occasionally to Westminster, may be required for attending meetings, events and training. The successful candidate will be required to comply the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO).
To apply for one of these roles, please send a CV and covering letter referencing how your experience matches this post.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with the subject “Application for vacancy of Caseworker ”
Deadline for applications is Thursday 24th June at 5pm.